This Privacy Statement explains how Patrolio, Inc. (“Patrolio”, “we” or “us”) processes information about you, including relating to information we collect when you use our products and services, when you contact our customer service team, engage with us on social media, and when you otherwise interact with us.
When we refer to our “Services” in this statement, we mean our websites (including https://patrolio.com) ("Website"), our apps and other online services, including the escalation and online services we provide for our customers who may have our devices or third-party Devices. When we mention “Devices,” we mean generally camera products, including our cameras, third-party cameras, sensors, and other devices.
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the statement and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our website homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on these Services or on or through any of the features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
There are various ways you can provide information to us, including as follows:
- Account Information: When you open an account, we ask you to provide your name, email address and password. You may also provide us with additional profile information, such as your preferences or profile images.
- Purchase Information:When you make a purchase from us, you will typically provide billing and shipping address, telephone number, and payment method information. We also collect related transaction information, such as the items purchased and order amount.
- Information for Specific Devices:You may provide additional information when setting up or using a Device. In most cases, this includes at least Device name, but can also include other information depending on the Device. For example you may provide additional information such as your birth year, height, weight, gender and other information (such as personal goals). This information may be used, for example, to estimate various weight and other physical body metrics for you to view through our Services.
- Other Information: We also collect information when you participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, volunteer as a product tester, participate in our forums, fill out a survey, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information we collect in these contexts includes your name, email address, username, social media profile information, demographic information, professional information, and any other information you choose to share with us.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION AND INFORMATION WE GENERATE
When you use our Services, we automatically collect or generate certain information about you as follows:
Device Log and Sensor Information: When your Device is connected to our Services, our Services will collect various Device event data, such as when the Device is used, whether it is turned on or off, and when it is capturing video, motion or other sensor data. We provide additional details below regarding information collected only by some of the Devices:
- Cameras: our Services will collect video and images from your cameras which may include images or videos of individuals.
- Object Detection Information: Our Services analyze the video to help detect the presence of a person or object in that video (without trying to identify that person). We use this detection information solely to provide and improve this feature. For most users, this detection information is stored for a limited period of time. However, occasionally we store this person detection information for as long as needed to provide and improve the Services but in no event longer than 3 years after the date you submitted the video.
- Website and Mobile App Log and Usage Information: When you use our websites and mobile apps, we collect log and usage information, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed or features selected, IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Computer or Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our websites and mobile apps, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information:We derive the approximate location of your computer or mobile device from your IP address. Also, when you share your Devices with us, quite often we will get location information for that Device or set of Devices. When you use our mobile app, we also collect information about the precise location of your mobile device in accordance with the permission process established by your mobile device.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we collect information from publicly available sources, when you interact with us on social media, when you purchase one of our products or services through a third-party service, and when you submit a review for one of products or services. This information includes information about your purchase of a Device or Service, information from reviews you post, username for third-party services, social media profile information, and demographic information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Devices and Services;
- Process and fulfill your purchases;
- Develop new Devices and Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Patrolio and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Devices and Services;
- Comply with our legal obligations;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Patrolio and others;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use our Devices or Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Statement:
- With vendors and service providers that perform services for us or you, including analytics providers, cloud infrastructure providers, payments service providers, logistics providers that ship products to you, call centers that may review video, and customer support service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Patrolio or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, investment or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Patrolio and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction. For example, if you choose to integrate our Devices or Services with third-party services, then those services will collect certain types of data depending on the nature of the service. Please review their privacy policies for details on the information they will receive and how they process this information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by the recipients to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
OTHER THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND FEATURES
Our service, website and mobile apps may use third-party service providers such-as a home monitoring service or subcontractors who operate independently from us.
These third-party services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, Patrolio is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices. By signing up for our services you are authorizing us to transfer or provide access to information on your behalf, for example, your email address, your phone number, a photo and/or a brief video clip from your devices.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Patrolio is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. If you use our Services, you consent to the collection and/or processing in the United States and other countries.
You may update certain account profile information you provide to us by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may stop sharing your Device information and video clips with us at any time by logging into your existing third party apps and stopping the share, per that manufacturer's instructions. If you wish to delete your account with us, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you or your devices for a certain period of time.
If you initially consent to our collection of precise location from our mobile app, you should be able to subsequently stop this collection by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of this information by deleting our app from your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Patrolio by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
MOBILE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS/ALERTS
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional SMS to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by responding to the SMS with STOP.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third parties. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
CONTACT US Patroilo, Inc. email@example.com 866-PATROLIO